Thanks to Thea over at “Do I Really Want to Blog?” I now have a blog topic at a time when my brain is mush and univentive and hiding – so here we go – the how Aussie am I quiz type thing :)
The ones I have done are bold.
1. Heard a kookaburra in person. – grew up in the Dandenong Ranges – hard to avoid them – used to feed them meat which they would ‘kill”
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Seen a koala. – seen in wildlife and in captivity and held – was SO heavy and grumpy
4. Visited Melbourne.- born and lived most of my life there
5. Watched a summer thunderstorm. – always
6. Worn a pair of thongs. – All I wear in Summer
7. Been to Uluru (Ayer’s Rock)
8. Visited Cape York.
9. Held a snake. – apparently yes, in kindergarten – I seem to have blanked this from my memory
10. Sang along with Khe San. – I knew all the lyrics in Uni – it being played every time we went to the Uni pub
11. Drank VB. – again – Uni
12. Visited Sydney. – and living there
13. Have seen a shark. – only in aquarium or Banjo sharks
14. Have used Aussie slang naturally in a conversation. – unsure if its English or Aussie though
15. Had an actual conversation with an indigenous Australian.
16. Eaten hot chips from the bag at the beach. – does the parcel of paper count?
17. Walked/climbed over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Never, Never, Never.
18. Used an outside dunny, and checked under the seat before sitting down.- many times – childhood beach holiday house
19. Seen Chloe in Young & Jackson’s. – Yup – (Its a painting – very beautiful – in a pub – not so beautiful – opposite Flinders St station in Melbourne)
20. Slept on an overnight train or bus. – overnight sleeper train is my preferred means of getting from anywhere to anywhere
21. Been to Sydney’s Mardi Gras
22. Have gone bush-bashing.
23. Taken a sickie.
24. Been to see a game of Aussie Rules football. – and was massively surprised I liked it…
25. Have seen wild camels.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Done a Tim Tam Slam. (You can do it with KitKats too, it’s not as good but)
28. Ridden in a tram in Melbourne.
29. Been at an ANZAC day Dawn Service.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Held a wombat.
32. Been on a roadtrip of 800km or more.
33. Seen the Great Australian Bight in person.
34. Had a really bad sunburn. – not quite sure how this is Aussie – but had full on blisters and tan lines from it for 10 years or so
35. Visited an Aboriginal community.
36. Seen a redback spider. – grew up in the ‘nongs…kind of hard to avoid
37. Have watched Paul Hogan.
38. Seen Blue Poles in person. – admittedly I don’t really like his art that much…
39. Wandered barefoot in the bush/outback. - see where I grew up…
40. Eaten Vegemite.
41. Thrown a boomerang. – Aborigional Studies in grade 6
42. Seen the Kimberleys.
43. Given a hitch-hiker a lift.
44. Been to Perth. – lived there for a year
45. Have tried Lemon, Lime and Bitters. – nom nom nom
46. Tried playing a didgeridoo.
47. Seen dinosaur footprints.
48. Eaten Tim Tams.
49. Been to Darwin.
50. Touched a kangaroo.
51. Visited the Great Barrier Reef.
52. Listened to Kevin Bloody Wilson. – unfortunately
53. Killed a Cane Toad.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre.
55. Have read and own books by Australian authors. – Kerry Greenwood – Very Good Author
56. Visited Adelaide.
57. Know the story behind “Eternity”. wha??
58. Been camping. – far too many times
59. Visited Brisbane.
60. Been in an outback pub.
61. Know what the term “Waltzing Matilda” actually means.
62. Gone whale watching. - not specifically but have watched whales
63. Listened to Slim Dusty. – sigh.
64. Own five or more Australian movies or TV series.
65. Sang along to Down Under. – love it :)
66. Have stopped specifically to look at an historic marker by the side of the road. – I blame my parents
67. Eaten a 4′n’20 pie. – a massive dissapointment at age 10
68. Surfed at Bondi.
69. Watched the cricket on Boxing Day. – sigh, yes.
70. Visited Hobart.
71. Eaten kangaroo.
72. Seen a quokka.
73. Visited Canberra.
74. Visited rainforests.
75. Used a Victa lawnmower.
6. Travelled on a tram in Adelaide.
77. Used a Hills hoist.
78. Visited Kata Tjuta – what?
79. Used native Australian plants in cooking.
80. Visited the snow. For two seasons
81. Chosen a side in Holden VS Ford.
82. Visited the desert.
83. Been water skiing.
84. Read The Phantom.
85. Visited Parliament House.
86. Gone spotlighting or pig-shooting.
87. Crossed the Nullarbor.
88. Avoided swimming in areas because of crocodiles.
89. Listened to AC/DC. – oh dear.
90. Called someone a dag. – It is my term of endearment
91. Voted in a Federal Election. – but I take no responsibility for the results
92. Have been swimming and stayed between the flags.
93. Had a possum in your roof. – for about the first 13 years of my life.
94. Visited the outback.
95. Travelled over corrugated roads. – yup
96. Hit a kangaroo while driving.
97. Been well outside any mobile phone coverage.
98. Seen an emu. – chased by one for my ice cream – childhood trauma – hate them now.
99. Have woken to the smell of bushfires. – Ash Wednesday
100. Patted a pure-bred dingo.
101. Seen the Oils live.