There is a wonderful blog (or group of blogs out there- I herd of blogs? a type of blogs? there – a type of blogs…) There is a Type of Blogs written by a lovely woman called Thea. and no matter what I always love reading her blogs, she is honest and caring and no matter what she is writing about comes across as one of the most gentle people (this is a GOOD thing in my book – I have not enough of these type of people around). She also comes across as self effacing so I was very happy when I read the post that came with this award :)
Ok, not making much sense am too excited by blog award and my mind is still going what? Me? no its a mistake…but moving on…
Thea’s blog about life and stuff is ‘Do I Really Want To Blog’ and is always beautiful to read…
She also has ‘My year of Giving’ where she is donating $5 every week to a worthy cause (which, to me, is bloody brilliant – she is spreading the word of so many charities and helping SO many people – just in a very manageable way :) Clever woman this)
In addition there is ‘Question Time’ – Questions from her 5yr old son which are just smile worthy or laugh worthy and just beautiful ( I LOVE it)
and ‘Sew I Love to Make Stuff which is about sewing and leaves me with distinctly mixed feelings of ‘Wow” and “I want to do that” and “Open at Etsy Shop NOW so I can buy some of this stuff because it is just so good and I don’t own a sewing machine…
And to top it all off there is “My Recipe Blog Book” Which is what it says it is – go there – good stuff to make and eat….
How she finds time to do anything other than type I don’t know, but she does and I am so amazingly impressed…
And to be honest got Very Teary Indeed – I had another bad day, and to receive an award that pretty much means that people don’t mind me writing about my bad days, or my life and not all just funny bits, made my blogging more valid again :) _ I know that so many people have left comments saying that it is and THANK YOU so much, somehow this just made all the comments solidify and become real in my head. so Thank You Thea. So much.
Now the rules of this are…
Honest Scrap Award Rules
1. You must brag about the award.
2. You must include the name of the blogger who gave you the award and link back to that blogger.
3. You must choose a selection of blogs that you find brilliant in honest content
4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with this award.
5. List at least ten honest things about yourself.
………then pass it on with the instructions!
Okay all but three, four and five left to do…
Five is the hardest – I’ll start there – TEN things – okay and I’m adding to the challenge – they have to be good or interesting not sad or depressing (this is just for me, to try to see the good in life)
1. I carry a camera with me everywhere I go. I, on most days, don’t use it. I went through a period of time where I recorded everything and I miss that, but I got a new camera and it just isn’t the same…
2. I need glasses but never wear them, nor do I know where they are ( I have astigmatism)
3. I’ve been listening to Tim Minchin’s ‘Song for Phil Daost’ while I write this. I go through periods of being obsessed by this song and it making me laugh hysterically. This is one of those times :)
4. I really don’t like chocolate. I don’t. Cheap stuff tastes like just fat to me and expensive stuff makes me ill. I WANT to like it, I feel like I’m supposed to, but I don’t.
5. I wish I had a pair of Sanuks – they are shoes- they look amazingly comfortable.
6. I can do less maths than my daughter. I sit with her to help with Maths homework and we learn together :)
7. I had a fringe cut 3 days ago. I quite like it. I’m wondering if I still will when I wash my hair again….
8. I use “You Rock” as a compliment way more than someone my age should , but sometimes people just do.
9. I have moved house fifteen times thus far in my life.
10. The first guy I had a crush on was my lovely, theatrical second cousin David, who did the hair for “Neighbours” and was completely gay, not that I knew that at age 10, he took me on a tour of channel ten, gave me some of Jason Donovan’s hair (which he can have back if he likes – Jason?), Gave my aunt the clothes that Daphne (remember Daphne?) used during her pregnancy, for her pregnancy, introduced me to Pine Nuts and was Just Lovely. He died when I was 19. (not really a sad one, he was such a wonderful, kind, bright person) He is actually the one who advised me to never go to NIDA for their full time course as I did not need pulling apart and reshaping – so even if NIDA would have me, I won’t go there simply for his memory, even if the course has totally changed…
So there are my ten things…
Now for the other bloggers…
Josie at “Sleep is For the Weak”
Dad who Writes at “Dad Who Writes”
cosmicMummy at “journey of the mocha bean(s) and mummy”
Kate at “Camel Shoes”
Capital Mom at “Capital Mum”
Now to dash off and leave comments – Thank you again Thea – really – :) – You Rock